In preparation for all the wedding festivities coming up this weekend, my sisters and I took my grandma shopping for a new outfit. Before I tease Grandma just a bit...let me say how much we all dearly love her, and how she loves to be teased. She is a sweet, godly lady. She is also one
picky lady.

She is one of the best looking grandmas I've ever seen...she used to model in her younger days. This leads to her extremely good, but very hard to satisfy, sense of style. *I may have inherited her long legs, but I didn't get that sense of style. Darn it.* You can't take this lady to Target. We wandered back and forth through the mall for several hours trying on various pantsuits and jackets with her before we finally found one she would wear.

She's gonna look great...that goes without saying. She always does. Grandma is blind, has been for years, and she still manages to dress better than most of us who can see what we are putting on. How she does that I'm not sure...but maybe she'd consider teaching classes or something.

It was good to spend some time with her...even Merrick had a great time. I'm kind of glad Grandma was busy in the dressing room and didn't realize what her animal of a grandson was doing with the help of his Aunt Abby. When they weren't repelling from clothing racks and making an obstacle course of the escalator, they were riding around the department store in some piece of equipment that's probably not meant to be used as a carnival ride.

But it kept him busy, and kept Abby busy. Both of which are good ideas. Especially when you have an fashionista like Grandma in the dressing room and you might be there awhile. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment