Friday, July 9, 2010

1

One might seem like a small number...in the grand scheme of things. But think of how much it can change. It can mean winning or losing a game, missing a flight, or one more hour of sleep, which is invaluable around here. No one ever really talks about the two loves of their lives...it's really only that one special someone, your one and only. We only need One Savior to save us, and one simple but huge belief in Him to change our lives...the only one we get.

It can also represent this past year. One whole long but amazingly short year of Tirzah Shae. This time last year we saw her chubby-cheeked little angel face for the first time. Love at first sight. *Only needed one look...one whiff of new baby...one little "where on earth am I cry to know it was love.*

Amazing...what a year, one year, can do. We went from 3 to 4. From me and my boys to the four of us. One minute we were anxiously begging her to show up, and the next we were holding her and thinking how in the world did we get so blessed? One tiny little person that is one huge responsibility, and gift, all in the same package. How in the world, I wonder sometimes, am I going to do everything I need to raise these kids right? Not just one, but one million prayers...that's for sure.

I cannot imagine life without her...one blue-eyed, feisty-tempered, heart-stealing heck of a baby girl. Our one and only Princess Poo. Tirzah Shae. Baby girl...we are so blessed. There is only one of you in this whole world. I am the most blessed mommy to have you in my life. Praise God for letting us be your family. Happy first birthday, my sweet girl. We love you!

"A girl is innocence playing in the mud,
Beauty standing on it's head,
And motherhood dragging a doll by the foot."
- Alan Beck

No comments: