I have days where I
dream...just give me five minutes away from the insanity of being a mom. Oh the things I could do with those 5 minutes. Eat, shower, go to the bathroom without an audience, or even brush my teeth. My husband would appreciate it.

But then the time comes. The time to pour some attention into some other, older but no less rambunctious, kids for a week. Youth camp time. And I panic. OhmyGOSH what will I do? I'll have to go to the bathroom alone. I'll have time to eat. No, please. I changed my mind. Can't I stay home?

Wait, no...I really want to go. But ohmygoodness what will I do without those faces to kiss? Those faces that are always in mine wanting something. I might not be able to function without a diaper to change. Ok, I may be ok without that. But oh...I already miss them and I haven't even left them yet. I'm doing a backwards kind of countdown...
still 5 hours left with the hooligans.
I know, just KNOW, no one can take care of them as well as me. What if they cry and no one understands what they need because I am their go-to translator? I even understand Merrick through the stuttering, the "I'm too excited to talk slowly" stuttering. I totally trust the capable hands they've been left in, don't get me wrong. But still...I'm mom. Which is synonymous with worry.

I am so excited I get to go to camp this year. I think. Maybe I'll ask Billy if it's too late to change my mind. No...I can handle it. Maybe. But wait...no one is pulling on my leg. *hyperventilating* I'll have to ask one of these highschoolers if they can PLEASE ask me for something every two seconds so I won't have some kind of attack. I thought homesickness was usually for a place, but now I totally understand its for those you cannot have
home without. Only 5 more days till I'm home again...
No comments:
Post a Comment