Thursday, July 8, 2010

1st and 4th

This 4th of July was a little extra special around our house. I've always enjoyed this holiday. I love summer, and being free, and eating and fireworks. What's not to love? We are blessed as Americans, and as the Barrons. We not only celebrated Independence Day, but Tirzah Shae Day as well.
While her birthday isn't officially until tomorrow she told us that it was more appropriate to celebrate her birthday on a national holiday, even if it was a few days early, when there are fireworks.
We had a great time celebrating, with lots of pink cake, presents, and one very messy red white and blue cupcake just for Tizzy.

She only had one diva-like meltdown while opening her presents. So she got her little power nap in before we had maybe a little too much fun with sparklers.

Well, some of us had fun with sparklers. Merrick doesn't like anything loud, "big youd", to be exact, unless it's himself. He thinks he has the monopoly on loud. So he spent a lot of his evening with his hands over his ears snuggled up with me or a various auntie.

It was a great day, and I'm glad for the reminder of how blessed we are. From our two crazy kiddos to our freedom, and the people who fight for it, we have so much to be thankful for. Oh, and leftover birthday cake is something I'm always thankful for, too. Well, until I realize how much of it I've eaten, that is.

You have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; "love your neighbor as yourself." - Galatians 5:13-14

This week's YouCapture theme was "America"
Photobucket

No comments: