Recently we signed Wild up for swimming lessons. We decided this might be a good idea when there was hysteria in the bathtub every time I tried to wash his hair. He seemed ok with the pool last summer, but I think he's a bit older now and maybe understands, hey, I cant breath in that wet stuff.

My aunt was taking her son to a local pool for lessons, so we tagged along since she had such good reviews of the man teaching the lessons. As you can see...little man was not a fan.

I realized that it's not a good idea to take a 2yo to swim lessons unless you want all your skin, your swimsuit, and what modesty you have left after having children, clawed off by said 2yo.

I was grateful for the two nights that Billy was able to be there, and get in the water with him. Mostly so I could lick my wounds from the previous night's clawings, and not be the bad guy making Merrick float on his back and kick his legs.

I was glad for how well Billy does with Merrick, too. Merrick seemed to do better in the water with Billy, even. Not sure what it was...maybe just that both our kiddos seem to know they're safe with their daddy. Plus Billy is stronger than me, and is better able to resist to flailing right hooks from Merrick who was kind of resembling a cat who didn't want a bath the first night or so of lessons.

By the end of the week, though, things were looking up. Merrick even jumped in holding the swim instructor's hands and went under the water. It was a sneak attack from the swim instructor, but still, he didn't even cry when he pulled him back up. He is even putting his own face in the water now. So proud of the little man. And last time we went to the pool I didn't get punched even once.

This week at You Capture one of the theme's was "hands". Check out the blog for more great shots!

No comments:
Post a Comment