Friday, July 16, 2010

Priorities

Being a mom has taught me a few things, things that I would have never figured out on my own most likely.

1: Being pasty white is not the end of the world. Some people, Nicole Kidman for example, even look good while being pasty. Hey, less wrinkles for me. Saving children from the depths of the kiddie pool is much higher on the list.

2. Relaxation is not exactly necessary to enjoy your summer. While it's nice, and some filthy rich people get to have their cake and eat it too, also known as a nanny, for the lowly middle classers *and that's being generous...I'm probably not quite middle material ;)* we take our vacations with the kiddos, and their tons of stuff. And we LIKE it...mostly. Repeat to myself: I do not need to sleep while on vacation, I do not need to sleep while on vacation...and a little sand ingestion never hurt anyone.

3. Staying up late and sleeping in after enjoying summer festivities is highly overrated. When I was a mere college undergrad...I came and went as I pleased. Stayed out till all hours of the night, and then slept in *what is this sleeping in you speak of???* to make sure I still looked great the next day. Now? Mama...you're gonna pay for leaving us with Grandma while you were out with Daddy. Kids, I happen to LIKE dark circles under my eyes...have you totally missed the vampire craze? Also related...see point 1.I love my two kiddos dearly, and do not for one second miss the carefree days of summer that I had before the two of them arrived on the scene. Ok, I miss the carefree just a little. But yes, they are totally worth it and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Hope this little post has helped you all in getting your priorities right. If not, just do what I do and keep repeating to yourself: they will graduate one day....they will graduate one day...;)

No comments: