Monday, July 5, 2010

The Babysitter

Recently Billy was doing a little work on our lawn mower. Merrick loves the lawnmower. I am beginning to think he would gladly leave me to live outside in the shed with the tractor. In my bad mother moments, I have caught my escape artist son outside in the shed sitting on the lawnmower. At least he isn't fascinated with something that would take him out of the safety of the yard...like the neighbors obnoxious chickens or the cows across the road.

When Merrick realized, one morning, that the tractor was parked right outside the back door, he decided to try to convince Billy to give him the keys so he could drive it. Not kidding. "I hab keys fo the twackter?* were his exact words.

It was so cute we almost gave them to him. Kind of like I gave him alot of that 44 oz slushy I had last night. In my defense, if your kid had said "I hab swubsee in my mouf?" you might have given in too. Cuteness is the great manipulator.

We didn't hand over the keys, but we have hidden them from his view. He knows where they go. I don't think he could really start the tractor, but I'm not taking any chances. He's surprised me before. "How did you get up there???" For now he's pretty content to just sit on the tractor...8 hours a day. It's actually turned into a kind of babysitter.

If it wasn't illegal I might ask the tractor to watch Merrick while I run some errands. I know he'd be sitting right there when I got back.

Mamarazzi Monday

No comments: