I know they can be destructive, so there is always that little bit of a healthy fear when it comes to forces of nature. I guess that’s what makes storms even more exciting. They are out of your control, and unpredictable. They can do so much damage, but be so awesome at the same time. They sound a bit like my children, actually. ;) Out here in the sticks a tiny storm will knock out our power, our internet, and anything else remotely electronic. That’s annoying. As soon as we hear thunder the lights start flickering. I think they’ve just resigned themselves to knowing they’re gonna be knocked out anyway. Might as well make it as painless as possible.
As much as I love storms, I haven’t been able to enjoy them with my kids yet. Merrick is convinced that thunder, or “unner” as he calls it, is big dino’s growling. He usually wakes up howling if there is any thunder, or runs to be held. *Which is kind of odd…he usually runs away from us.* And even though he loves dinosaurs he’s petrified of the suspected growling. Tirzah really doesn’t understand storms, and can sleep through them. Merrick is her brother, girl can sleep through anything.
Maybe one day my kids will enjoy sitting through a storm with me. It’s a fun memory I’d like to pass on. Maybe one day we’ll even make a move out of the sticks to a house where we don’t break out the candles and flashlights when we hear the rumbling start. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment