Ok…so what is this rant about? People posting on Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc, that God is good…when He finally gives me what I have been Santa-Clausing Him for. “I got a brand new car…GOD IS GOOD. I got that job I wanted…GOD IS GOOD.” What would we have said if He DIDN’T give us the job, car, house, boat, boyfriend, or lottery winnings we wanted? God, you stink? Nope…He’s always good. Not just when we got that swagger that says things are going our way. He can’t not be good.
Life is unpredictable, it twists and turns and drops us in the mud and picks us back up again. That’s why we need to trust in the goodness of the God who is holding it in His gigantic, safe hands. His GOOD hands. We won’t always get it…we will question it, and sometimes with good reason. God wants us to question. He wants us to run to Him with our questions, our anger, our desire to just give up. My youth pastor hubby is always telling me “yell at God if you need to…He gets it.”
Even when it chokes me to say it through my confusion or anger. God…you are good. All the time. Even when I don’t get it, even when I think you really aren’t so nice. I recognize that You are bigger than what I understand. But one day…I’m gonna sit on your lap and You’ll explain it all to me.
He loves us, and loves to give us what is best for us. Most of the time…we totally don’t even know what that is. It also doesn’t feel like “His best” when we lose a loved one or disaster happens. I recently lost an aunt, and it hurt. It still hurts, and I think it always will. But she is in Heaven right now…who am I to wish her back here? What she has now is the best thing she could have. She’s with God…she has got it made.
I’m sure sometimes it may look like a new car is what’s best for me, and daggonit I deserve that boat, but I think God can dream a little bit bigger than that.





No comments:
Post a Comment