Friday, August 13, 2010

Don't eat pennies on Friday the 13th.

I've never really paid much attention to Friday the 13th, which is today, actually. I mean, I probably wouldn't have gotten married on one or anything, but I don't have anything against it either. I am not much of a superstitious person. I was kind of excited when I thought our son was going to be born on Halloween. Not that I am all into ghosties or creepies, but how many people can say that the entire United States stuffs their faces with candy to celebrate their birthday? *He ended up being born on Halloween Eve, actually.*


While I was doing a little research about Friday the 13th for this post, I realized that there is an actual phobia, which is named friggatriskaidekaphobia. If I could figure out how to say that, my mother would probably say "watch your mouth". I also realized that there are lots of crazy things that are considered "lucky" or "unlucky". Like crickets, for example, are lucky. I don't know about you, but I would prefer they take their lucky behinds outside. And a penny that is face down? That's bad luck...don't you dare pick it up. I don't pick up pennies anyway unless I'm afraid Tirzah is going to eat them. Which I suppose would be pretty unlucky for her.

So while I don't really believe in luck and superstitions, I figured I could still wish you all a great Friday the 13th! Don't eat any face-down pennies, k? Or crickets for that matter.


No comments: