Monday, August 23, 2010

Sandy Piggies

There were 40 pairs of those this week at the beach. Toes, that is. I was worried that there would only be maybe ten, or twenty...but both kids loved the sand. Merrick liked playing in it, and kicking it onto whatever it was I was trying to lay out on. Tirzah liked wallowing in it and dipping her sandwiches and cheez-its in it. Gross, but I guess as long as they're happy and not hurting themselves...why not? I gave up very early trying to keep the sand out of my hair and clothing. As in the first 5 minutes. I think I still have sand in my ears...
We had a blast laying around *as much laying around as you can do with these children of mine...* together and enjoying the beach. But it's good to be home again, too. I'm still a little in denial that summer is ending. *If I don't admit it...maybe it won't happen. I love summer.* It's ok though, I can relive a little bit of summer in the piles of sandy laundry that I need to wash. ;)

No comments: