Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Work is fun.

Most kids, and actually probably most adults, would read that title and disagree. But I think that there is just something satisfying about a hard day's work. Especially when you can see the results. Working hard, and then enjoying the well-deserved rest, is one of the good things in life.
Last Friday we spent the day working in my parents' front yard, getting it all prettied up for my sister's upcoming wedding. I say we, what I mean is my husband, dad, and brother worked while I chased Merrick out of piles of dirt.

My sister is getting married October 2nd. She is the first of the married siblings to brave an outdoor ceremony. And they decided to get married on my parents' land, which made Dad so happy, but also realize how much work needed to be done in the front yard.

Merrick was in his element working out side with the big men. Dirt, tractors, and hanging out with daddy...what more could a little man ask for? Popsicles...which he also had. Pretty much probably the best day of his life I think. (You can just see his little elbow peeking out under Billy's in the shot above...he was loving all the tractor time.)

I think in this case even Merrick would agree with Mom about work being fun. That is something that would make it potentially one of the best days of my life...Merrick actually agreeing with me. ;)

That last shot is my pick for the In a Yellow House challenge.
Also check out more shots over at Communal Global.

No comments: