
Billy is one heck of a stud. He’s sweet and caring, and really gets it about loving a wife and family. He changes diapers, does dishes, wrestles with 2yo’s, tells our little girl he’s the only man she’s allowed to speak to until she’s 30, and gives great foot rubs. And no, he’s not whipped…he just loves God and does what it takes to love his family too. He is, however, also the most frustratingly forgetful individual I have ever met. We get along really well…except for all things that are apparently related to his ADHD. The ADHD we didn’t know he had.
I am the type of control freak, type A, first born individual who likes all things neat, tidy, organized, planned, and labeled according to color. I forget pretty much nothing, except for birthdays and my sunglasses. That is a hopeless case. Thank the Lord for facebook to remind me when someone has a birthday. So it drives me insane that Billy forgets, well…everything. He is a stinking genius actually, but cannot remember where he put his wallet…every single day.
Now that he’s been diagnosed…we are interested to see what our next step is. He is going to the Dr. today to talk about some options, and see if there is something to help. I know there is medication, but some medications kinda scare me, although I’m not at all opposed to that if he needs it. I do feel for him, and know he’s really glad to know there is a reason behind a lot of the stuff that’s been bugging him. I know it drives him crazy to forget stuff, and he has trouble finishing things he starts because he gets SO distracted, and he is a fabulous interrupter. ;) This has not let to any arguments, however. Ahem. ;)
We are also keeping an eye on Merrick. We’ve been told that if you have ADHD, you got it from a parent…it doesn’t skip generations. Merrick is only 2, and it cannot be diagnosed until 5 years, but if ever there was ADHD, we think he may have it also. And just in case he does, I want to know as much about it as I can to help him out at a young age, especially since I plan on homeschooling and will need all the help I can get. ;)Anyone have any experience with ADHD, treatment options, or methods/ideas that have helped you out? I’d love to hear from you!



No comments:
Post a Comment