The other day I was browsing through the Story People site looking for just the right caption for a shot I was putting on Flickr, when I came across this quote: Of course I act like a barbarian, he said. They're the only ones who have any fun in this life. It seemed totally appropriate for my kiddos.
They aren't really worried about what that lady in the grocery store is thinking of their screaming, or concerned with the fact that they are picking their nose while I'm trying to order their lunch, nor are they bothered with scowls from the silent people in the library that I've sworn to never return to until I'm an empty nester. They are who they are, albeit a bit loud, and aren't afraid to be themselves. (We do need to work on manners, I'll admit, but as far as being themselves? I think they've got that down)
They are all out, all the time. So it was a lot of fun to take them to a nearby playground last weekend and just set them loose. We were the only ones there, and it was so relaxing. They just acted like the happy little barbarians that they are, and I wasn't worried about offending anyone. I think I need to be more relaxed all the time. They seemed to notice, and were more laid back themselves. Now if I can just get them to stop picking their noses...
Check out more shots at Trendy Treehouse and Sweet Shot Tuesday
(The first shot is my pick for this week)




No comments:
Post a Comment