...of silence.
Some people might argue that there is no "sound" of silence. If you're hearing it, it's not silent. I think there is a sound of silence, and I'm sleep deprived and in desperate need of some silence now and then, so humor me.
I am blessed with a lively family. We aren't hurting in the personality department over here. You want humor and chaos? You've come to the right place. We now how to be ridiculous, and then laugh till we cry about it. It's a problem, or a blessing, whichever. ;)
I think you really need to live a loud life, to appreciate silence. I love my kids...more than I can express. I love their noise, their bubbly personalities, the way they embarrass me by saying "hi" 465 times to the same lady in Food Lion. Trust me, it's really awkward when they do that.
My kids definitely give me reason to appreciate silence. It gives me a second to see, instead of hear, them. (Merrick wakes up yelling and jumping. How do I know it's time to get up? It sounds like a bulldozer is in the next room.) But when they're silent? (read: asleep) I just get to enjoy staring at them. Something they don't tolerate, or sit still long enough for, when they are awake. Silence may not technically be a sound, but it sure sounds good sometimes.





No comments:
Post a Comment