Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days

Last November I did a photography project called 30 days of Gratitude. (Not everyone makes it a photography project, but that's me...) You  may have noticed people facebooking or tweeting about how they are thankful for certain things each day. I wish I was more focused on being thankful all the time, but the month containing Thanksgiving is a good place to start.


There are a lot of things I am thankful for right now. Some of them are simple, like sitting at the kitchen table eating PB&J with my kiddos, or chocolate cake and coffee. And other things are more complex like my salvation, the love of my little family, healthy kids and paid bills. So many things I don't deserve and take for granted that I want to start noticing. What are some things you are thankful for today?

"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon His name; make known his deeds among the peoples!" :: Psalm 105.1

Check out more shots at Scripture and a Snapshot, Macro Monday, and Monday Rewind.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm thankful that we have food to eat...with leftovers to spare! I'm giving thanks, too.

Alida Sharp said...

What a great idea to do your thanks in photos...I love this!

Unknown said...

I feel that same way.. I am so lucky I don't deserve the wonderful life I have. And I thank God for all my wonderful blessings.. By the way Coffee and chocolate cake sound so yummy..

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

I wish I had done this! I keep wanting to start a gratitude journal... Doing it in photos is so fun! So many things to be thankful for! :)

genie said...

To be alive...have a roof over my head...to still be able to go to work every day as a teacher at 72...3 wonderful children and 6 grandchildren...a husband who love me...and relatively good health. For what more could I ask. Nothing! genie ps...the photo is absolutely adorable...love those p and j’s.

4 Lettre Words said...

Love, love, love your perspective on life! And, the perspective on that shot is too cool, too. :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Great idea- I too am grateful for those tiny moments like having lunch with my kids- it's those that they will think back on when they are grown & realize they were bigger than we thought.

Michelle said...

Great post, I love the perspective of your photo too :)

Ida said...

Great post with good thoughts. Intesting perspective of your photo, very nice.

Cedar said...

Thank you. I do have so much to be thankful for...right now it is Backyardigans and snuggling kiddos.

Katie said...

Love this! ...why is it so easy to forget to be thankful?? Right now I'm thankful that my kids fell asleep despite the thunderstorm storm!

Kala said...

Very creative shot - great perspective and selective focus.

Happy MM