Thursday, November 17, 2011

Maternity Leave

So technically I won't be getting any such thing as "maternity leave". I have two kids already, who am I kidding, right? I'll be lucky if I get to "leave" to take a shower those first few weeks after Baby J is born, much less a few months off of work.


So when I say maternity leave I'm referring to the fact that I am taking a break from client work until after the baby is born. My camera will strictly be used as a torture device for my own children and various objects out in nature. No really, the hooligans are terribly vain these days and love looking at pictures of themselves. They are getting pretty good at posing, also. They know the drill. ;) J's first word will probably be "cheese".


I did one last session this past weekend with two of my favorite faithful families (don't try saying that three times fast), it was a "double session" I guess you could call it, and we got some pictures of their two kiddos playing together which was fun. Might sound a bit daunting photographing two fast moving kiddos, but if you read this blog you know...that's what I do every day. The belly makes it a bit harder, I'll admit, but it's nothing new to chase a kid or two with my camera.


Their two families are so fun to work with (and no, I'm not just saying that cuz they pay me...I really love working with them) and these two kiddos make my job easy with their cute antics and quick smiles. I've been taking their pictures since before their first birthdays, and it's been fun watching the two of them grow. I appreciate their parents' continued requests for me to photograph them...even in spite of my current bent towards waddling. ;) Great working with you guys, as always!


Check out more Something Fun shots at You Capture
 The First shot is for Autumn Photo Challenge and second is for This or That
Third Shot is for Fabulous Friday and Photo Story Friday
and last is for Texture Thursday

10 comments:

*Jess* said...

I'm with you! I just booked my last sessions for the first weekend in Dec. My growing belly is making it harder and harder to chase kids and get up and off the floor in a timely manner!

Ashley Sisk said...

Good call to take a bit of a break - I think about that often as I imagine the chances of me being pregnant over the next year...not there yet, but I'll definitely have to take a break.

Unknown said...

How fun that you had a double session. What a cute little guy too! :)

I did my first family photo shoot and posted some pics on yesterday's post. It went pretty well, thankfully. I have to admit it's pretty challenging capturing other people's kids, but in a good way!

Stacia said...

Love that last one. And the tiny hand reaching for the door knob. Hang in there these last few weeks!

Alice said...

i like your photography style! that last shot with the Christmas ornaments is interesting! gotta go check out the rest of your blog :)

Anonymous said...

great photos...first one is very nice!

Light Trigger: our entry

Lil said...

*torture device* hehehe. That was funny! Love the pics!

Heather Mattern said...

Such a gorgeous collection. I love the light that you captured here.

deb duty said...

I'm really loving all of your creative compositions! The handful of leaves is my favorite.

Suzy said...

I love the first pic. brought back memories of my kids.