I first heard of Freedom 4/24 through Brentwood Church. *This is the church that Billy and I used to go to when we lived in the 'Burg. Amazing place...we really miss it!* They are trying to minister to girls who are being forced, by poverty, into prostitution. It's a desperate situation for these girls, and their families, and they are selling the only thing that they have left in an attempt to survive...themselves. The stories on the website are heartbreaking, and make me realize how much I have been given...so that I can give it back.
On Saturday, while it seems like such a tiny thing to give in the face of such a huge need, we gave our $24, our time, and our prayers, as we ran for these girls. Volunteers wrote names on our arms so we could have a reminder of why we were running.
I realized as I was running, that as hard as I was pushing myself, my pain during a 30 minute race is nothing in comparison to the life that these young girls are forced into. I have the freedom to run, and am free in Christ also. This race, and the money that was raised, will give 803 *the number of people racing* more girls a chance at that same freedom.
He upholds the cause of the oppressedThe Lord sets prisoners free. /Psalm 146:7
3 comments:
Way to go! Awesome ministry! Glad you got to be a part of it, thanks for the reminder of how small my 'pains' are :) hope your having a lovely day!
Wow... that is pretty Great A-L:) Sounds like an amazing ministry and way to give back!
Thanks so much for coming out to run! I was so overwhelmed at the turnout, and by the realization that if even one of those precious girls y'all ran for chooses freedom and gives her life to Christ, it was all worth it :) thanks again for giving up your Saturday morning!
Post a Comment