Monday, November 21, 2011

Man Card

No, I don't think I have one of those. Pretty sure when you're pregnant you exempt yourself from any such thing. My hubby was glad to announce however, that he still has his when he got our long-unused fireplace in working order without injuring himself or the house.


I absolutely love a good cozy fire. The smell, the warmth, the crackly noises, the warmth...I already said that one but it's very important to my toes. I was hoping this personal heater/baby belly would keep me warm this winter but I'm noticing that I'm still cold. Come on. So glad that Billy heard my pleas and spent his Saturday afternoon covered in soot and ashes. It hadnt been used in 8 years, so I think he was a little worried about, ya know, burning down the house but so far so good.


The hooligans have mixed reviews of said cozy fire. Tizzy was annoyed that she had to pose her striped socks for a shot, and Merrick helpfully suggested we call the fire trucks. (I explained to him it was ok only when it's in the fireplace. He then tried to throw in more wood. I quickly screamed and scared him and the neighbors to death. Don't think he'll be assisting with that anymore.) Looking forward to lots of coziness this winter. I've never had a fireplace in my house before, so I do believe it'll be making up the 8 years it's had off.


The first shot is for Monday Rewind
Second shot is for Macro Monday

8 comments:

Tara said...

Love these shots!!

Enjoy! We have 2 fireplaces, and haven't ever used them. I think I need to remedy that!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

WA HA HA! I was JUST reading your blog as you were leaving me a comment - LOL! How funny is that?! I was cracking up over your daughter having to "pose" with a stripey sock. Oh my goodness, you are so me! LOVE fireplaces too! ♥♥ (although maybe the ambiance is ruined a bit because ours is controlled by a lightswitch?) ;-)

Meg said...

So funny about Merrick "helping"! Harrison did get burned on my parents fire place from "helping". He doesn't like to get anywhere near it now...even when we tried to roast marshmallows with him! Now we just have to convince him that it can be a fun thing!

Helen Campbell said...

Nothing better than sitting by a nice fire in cold weather. Happy Macro Monday!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love the fire- we almost started one this weekend but decided to hold off until it was more dreary outside!

Unknown said...

Glad you have your fireplace fixed - there's nothing like a real fire! I love the striped socks shot!

Shanna said...

Oh these are wonderful. They make me miss my 19 year old son who just left home for two years. He always built a fire so we could sit together in the dark and talk and dream.

Unknown said...

LOL love the photos and glad he hasn't burned down the house... yet ;)