Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Part 2

Merrick recently had his 4th birthday, which was the perfect time to stock up on his latest obsession: the movie Cars and all it's characters. We had the first movie, which we watched until the entire family can quote the movie in our sleep, and various Cars paraphernalia.


For his birthday he got the second installment: Cars 2. We are now well on our way to memorizing this movie as well. (He also got Veggie Tales, which both the kids love. I also need to point out that Tirzah calls it "Wedgie Tales"...so I make sure to have her repeat it constantly for my own entertainment.) He also got several of the characters from the movie on top of his cake, so they drive all over everything anywhere we go. The gym, the shelves at the grocery store, the sidewalk outside, church pews...


Tizzy did surprisingly well being that all of this has been all about Merrick. She tags right along with the Cars frenzy, and likes to assign certain Cars characters names to herself and family members. Recently she told us that Mommy was Sally (who is a Porsche) and Daddy was 'Mater (who is a banged up tow-truck). I thought this was pretty funny, but Billy wasn't quite as amused. I'll take what compliments I can get, ya know. ;)


The first shot is for Sweet Shot and Happiness Project
Second is for Communal Global and Simplicity,
Third is for Little Somethings.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my, what a beautiful child!! My grandson loves Cars too.

I actually enjoyed the movie myself.

Hope you have a blessed day today♥

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Cool shot with the car.

Tara said...

LOL, my son has the same car!! Love the last shot!

Tara said...

Love that last shot! So precious!

Susan Anderson said...

What beautiful shots. I especially love the last one!

=)

Yvonne said...

Oh I absolutely love the first& third shots! Just precious :)

Amarie said...

Awesome shots and gorgeous kiddos!

faith ann raider said...

awww - these are SO cute!!